Today 5 corporations control most of the news you watch, hear, or read in the United States. Some of these corporations make weaponry. Some of them own pharmaceutical stock. Some are owned by friends of the President. Do you really trust these corporations to service the best interests of the public first? Or do you think they might choose to service themselves and their friends instead? Check out some of these stories and decide for yourself.
- PublicIntegrity.org/telecom - The Center for Public Integrity's media watch page. Check to see who owns (local??) media.
- Fair.org - A National Media Watch Group dedicated to fair and honest reporting.
- MediaMatters.org - Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.
- The Center for Media and Democracy (CMD) is a non-profit investigative reporting group. Our reporting and analysis focus on exposing corporate spin and government propaganda. They publish...
- PRWatch.org - PRWATCH has been reporting on and exposing spin and disinformation since 1993.
- SourceWatch.org - Source watch is a collaborative resource for citizens and journalists looking for documented invormation about corporations, industry and people trying to influence pulic policy and opinion.